The Maine Women Writers Collection (MWWC) is a permanently endowed special collection of published and unpublished literary, cultural, and social history sources by and about Maine women. Among its goals are to honor and celebrate the work of new, established, and historical women writers, as well as to foster archives-based scholarly work in women’s and gender studies. The collection includes rare and contemporary volumes, manuscript material, memorabilia, artifacts and artwork documenting Maine women's engagement with regional and national concerns, from the nineteenth century to the present.
Browse the Maine Women Writers Collection:
- Dainty, Fresh & Lovely: Advice for Women on Hygiene and Beauty, 1890-1960
- From Scribes To Scrawlers: Handwriting In America
- Haven’t a Studious Inclination: College Life in the Early 20th Century
- Sincerely Yours, Letters from the Maine Women Writers Collection
- To Keep a Home: Advice to Women on the Domestic Arts, 1870-1960