Mission: To transform education in health care and other fields by preparing future and practicing professionals with the knowledge, values, and skills needed to participate as members and leaders of dynamic collaborative clinical and community teams.
The University of New England Center for Excellence in Collaborative Education (formerly the Interprofessional Education Collaborative) was formally established in 2010. It solidifies UNE’s historic commitment to interprofessional academic and community-based programming that prepares the next generation of health care leaders for team-based practice. Students representing the full range of health professions programs work with one another through interactive collaborative activities including team-based case conferences, interprofessional simulations, interprofessional service learning, co-conducted research and scholarship, global immersion experiences, arts and health projects, and interprofessional classroom activities. Through this work, students from UNE's various health professions programs come to better understand the roles of other members of the health care team and develop skills to work more effectively to improve quality, safety, and patient-centered care. Faculty and staff are instrumental in facilitating and modeling interprofessional learning. They generously serve as student mentors, course designers, and faculty trainers, sustaining UNE’s interprofessional learning culture.
Browse the Center For Excellence In Collaborative Education Collections:
- 2014 Interprofessional Student Advisory Team (IPSAT) Case Competition
- Compassionate Touch
- Health Practitioners' Perspective On Caring For Older Adults In Rural Maine
- Homeless Needs Assessment
- Immigrant and Refugee Family Wellness Engagement Through Yoga and Zumba
- Interprofessional Education Pain Initiative
- Maine Partners For Health In Africa
- Oral Care And The Geriatric Population
- PEP Program Investigation With Men's Lacrosse Team
- Photovoice: A Visual Narrative Into The Lives Of Maine Refugee Women
- Should I Say Something
- UNE Flu Crew
- Visual Voices: An Arts-Based Assessment of the Perceived Identity of Aging Maine Residents