Cranston General Hospital was established in 1933 as the Osteopathic Hospital of Rhode Island. Twelve osteopaths pooled their resources to purchase a mansion on Broad St. in Cranston, Rhode Island. The original hospital had 6 physicians, 12 nurses and could house 18 patients. The hospital grew steadily through the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s adding new wings in 1954, 1961, 1963, 1967, and 1979. In 1947 the hospital became Osteopathic General Hospital, and in 1971 the Cranston General Hospital. The hospital closed September 20, 1993 due to bankruptcy.
Find an index and description of the collection here.