The Maine Osteopathic Association (MOA) is the professional organization for Osteopaths in the State of Maine. The Association was informally organized in 1904 by Florence Covey, D.O., Viola B. Howe, D.O., Sophronia T. Rosebrook, D.O., Lillian F. Wells, D.O., and George H. Tuttle, D.O. Eight years later the Association was incorporated through the efforts of Albert D. Chittendon, D.O., William Clare Brown, D.O., Nora R. Brown, D.O., George Tuttle, D.O., Wayne Tuttle, D.O., Sophronia Rosebrook, D.O., Mary Warren Day, D.O., and George Whibley, D.O. Throughout the 1910s and 1920s the Association worked to gain legal recognition for the profession as well as the right to practice all specialties. Throughout the latter half of the 20th century the MOA supported the creation of several osteopathic hospitals including the Osteopathic Hospital of Maine, Bangor Osteopathic Hospital (later renamed Taylor Hospital) and the Waterville Osteopathic Hospital as well as the creation of the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM). The MOA continues to advocate for the profession, provide educational opportunities for its members, and ensure the quality of osteopathic care to the people of Maine.