The sanctuary of All Souls Church is shown in this glossy black and white photograph, probably taken from the choir balcony in the back of the church in the mid 20th century. The photo includes the lectern to the right, the altar in its center, and the backs of a number of pews.
The church contained 80 chestnut pews trimmed with black walnut. Originally, when built, the ceiling was blue and studded with gold stars. A local 1867 newspaper referred to the interior as “very pleasing, rich but not too gorgeous.”
Black and white photograph
Location of Original
Westbrook College History Collection
Size of Original
10 inches x 8 1/16 inches
"Sanctuary, All Soul's Church, Westbrook Junior College, mid 20th Century" (mid 20th century). University of New England, Westbrook College History Collection. https://dune.une.edu/wchc_photos_allsouls/10