New laboratories on the first and second floors of Alumni Hall were top priorities of the Milton D. Proctor administration (1933-1958). Here the newer and more modern Chemistry Laboratory on the first floor is shown in the late 1930s, early 1940s. It was named the Geneva Philbrick Brown Laboratory. Geneva Philbrick graduated from Westbrook Seminary in 1875. In 1941 a new health science program called pre-medical technique was introduced for those 'interested in becoming registered medical technologists.' This program, too, made use of the Chemistry Laboratory moved from the basement of Alumni Hall to its first floor.
Black and white photograph
Location of Original
Westbrook College History Collection
Size of Original
9 3/8 inches x 7 3/8 inches
"Chemistry Laboratory, Alumni Hall, Westbrook Junior College, late 1930s" (late 1930s, early 1940s). University of New England, Westbrook College History Collection. https://dune.une.edu/wchc_photos_labs/6
Fair use: You do not need permission to use this material for personal research, in-class teaching purposes, school projects and assignments, blog posts or other non-commercial purposes. Proper citation is required.
Commercial use: Please contact WCHC for use of images in publications.