Seven Westbrook Junior College students study intently in Frost's Library on the first floor of Hersey Hall in this 1930 black and white photograph. Called Frost's Library because George Frost donated his books, it was originally established circa 1865 in the Seminary Building (Alumni Hall). In the 1880s Frost Library moved from the Seminary Building to Hersey Hall.
Black and white photograph
Location of Original
Westbrook College History Collection
Size of Original
9 7/16 inches x 7 1/2 inches
"Girls at Study in the Library, Hersey Hall, Westbrook Junior College, 1930" (1930). University of New England, Westbrook College History Collection. https://dune.une.edu/wchc_photos_libraryhersey/1