Westbrook College's Abplanalp Library's newly constructed main entrance and courtyard are featured in this 1986 black and white photograph. The Library's Reference area, formerly the 1900 McArthur Gymnasium, is shown to the right of the photo. The 24-hour study room is shown extending to the left at the head of the photo. Both the old section and the new section feature dormer windows and writers names carved into the wooden lintels over the windows. The glass enclosure at the main door reflects the older building's roof line. The courtyard has not yet been landscaped.
Black and white photograph
Location of Original
Westbrook College History Collection
Size of Original
3 1/2 inches x 4 7/8 inches
"Newly Constructed Abplanalp Library Entrance and Courtyard, Westbrook College, 1986" (1986). University of New England, Westbrook College History Collection. http://dune.une.edu/wchc_photos_abplanalp/13