Tri-County Osteopathic Hospital opened May 1, 1960. The Hospital was located on Route 1 in Kittery, Maine.
The collection includes photographs and other records documenting the construction, opening and operation of the hospital. Included in the photographs are moments captured during the groundbreaking, as well as events that followed the hospital's opening, including a group of Candy Stripers in uniform and the hospital Staff President, Dr. Rudolph Tomes.
Among the documents are news articles, press releases, invitations and letters. These documents include details of the hospital construction, such as the groundbreaking on April 26, 1959 and the dedication on May 1, 1960.