A new campus engraving, ordered in 1870, showed the following Westbrook Seminary buildings: the First Universalist, later All Souls, Church of Westbrook (1868); Goddard Hall (1858); Hersey Hall (1869); and the Seminary Building (1834).
A single-story dining room connected Goddard and Hersey, utilizing the kitchen under Goddard. Hersey Hall was fitted with steam heat and bathing rooms. Goddard Hall retained its two doors and dividing wall.
The small Universalist meeting house is shown attached to the rear of the classroom building to serve as assembly hall and chapel.
Location of Original
Westbrook College History Collection
Size of Original
8 1/8 inches x 5 1/8 inches
"Westbrook Seminary and Female College, Engraving, ca.1870" (ca.1870). University of New England, Westbrook College History Collection. https://dune.une.edu/wchc_photos_views19thcent/4
Alumni Hall, Ludcke Auditorium
Fair use: You do not need permission to use this material for personal research, in-class teaching purposes, school projects and assignments, blog posts or other non-commercial purposes. Proper citation is required.
Commercial use: Please contact WCHC for use of images in publications.